What I know for sure
Today I thought I’d take a page from Oprah’s book (based on Gene Siskel’s original question), and write what I know … for sure.
- God is Love.
- Central heat in November is a beautiful thing.
- Old things have soul.
- No such thing as “loyal to a fault.”
- It’s not necessary to believe in God; God believes in you.
- But a world with a God you can believe in is a much, much nicer place to be.
- Kindness cannot be overrated.
- Intelligence can be.
- Following the crowd definitely is.
- Beauty is everywhere. Appreciating it is one of the best things in life.
- The hard things in life, the things that require effort most people aren’t up for, are among the best things I’ve done.
- Yield to overcome.
- Negativity sucks.
- Smile. It’s a good thing.
- Laugh. It’s even better.
- You never know what’s going on with other people. When people are having the worst days of their lives, no neon sign lights up. Imagine what could be going on, and give people a break–it’s free.
- Expect respect and you’ll get it.
- It takes all kinds. One kind would be not just boring, but dangerous.
- Wear sunscreen. The fairest of them all wrinkle first.
- Help is always available for the asking.
What do you know for sure?