How to go with the Flow
I remember when I first started reading about the Law of Attraction, in books by Esther Hicks/Abraham and others, one of the first things that struck me was the emphasis on ease–the implication being that life shouldn’t be a struggle.
But my life was a struggle. I fought for everything, and always had. I thought that’s how it was done. (Maybe you think so too.) Every day I felt like a salmon swimming upstream. I decided I’d like to try living life a different way.
I started setting positive intentions for experiences I wanted in my life to flow to me, using intention to align myself with the Flow, and the Flow with me. I figured that if I did this, I’d no longer feel I was swimming against the current.
This turned out to be quite true.
If you find yourself struggling today, here are some ideas that may help …
- Be sure your purpose is aligned with the Flow. You may notice that striving for things that are, when you come to examine them, actually unimportant, feels like an uphill battle. After all, there’s nothing natural about a lawn without weeds–or even a lawn, full stop. Maybe there’s a reason you feel like giving up when you try to please a difficult person, or lose those last five pounds, or climb a ‘ladder’ someone else invented. Instead, try getting in touch with the Love inside you, and find a purpose–even a very small one to start with–that springs from that place of love. Then turn your attention to this purpose that’s in alignment with the Flow, away from the goals that aren’t.
- Plug in to the Flow by getting out in nature. Take a walk. Plant something you find lovely in your garden. Feel the beautiful life Force all around you. Inside you.
- Be creative–just like the Universe. Cook something delicious, or make a collage. Look at your handiwork, or taste it. Observe that it is good.
- Try a guided meditation that makes you feel 100% better, and puts you in touch with your higher Self.
- Listen to uplifting music that raises your vibration. Anael is a favorite of mine.
- Keep a gratitude journal to help you become aware of all that is right and beautiful and Flowing in your life.
- Ask a favorite saint, angel, or ascended master for assistance. You may just be amazed at the results. (Doreen Virtue’s Archangels and Ascended Masters is a favorite resource of mine. My copy is seriously worn.)
- Set some intentions that align you with the Flow, and the Flow with you.
This post is illustrated with the SoulCollage card I made today, One with the Flow.
I really enjoyed this and am a fan of Abraham also. Excellent tips for shifting your vibration. I find it very “in the flow” that I am reading this on this morning where for some reason I have been feeling “out of the flow” for some unexplainable reason. Already I am feeling more bliss. And believe it or not, as I sit on my patin typing this up feeling a glow inside the sun just peeked out from behind a cloud, bless!! Light & love sweet soul!!
How wonderful, Lisa … your comment brought tears to my eyes. I love it when the sun comes out!
I hadn’t thought of this as shifting your vibration, but of course you’re completely right, that’s exactly what it is!
Once in my life I felt completely disconnected from the Flow, and I think there is no worse feeling. To me it’s the very definition of crisis. I have wondered if depression is the same thing as being unplugged from the Flow … so glad you are feeling plugged in and aligned again ❤
I’m not sure I can get quite that esoteric with it, but I sure enjoyed reading your thoughts. I think that any way a person can get themselves through life, that’s all right.
I try to stay positive. Some days I do better than others.
Found your link via the Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie prompt. One of my blog teammates and I created a character study.
Thanks for stopping by. I will come take a look at your character study 🙂
Anytime you stay positive, you’ve off to a great start 🙂
Wonderful and enlightening advice Heather! I could certainly use this advice
Thanks for stopping by … hope you found something that works for you 🙂