Recently I came across a “Something to think about” question in an old issue of O magazine that made me want to sit down and answer it … “Which of your beliefs are unshakable? In the space below, write the fundamental principles you live by.”
Such an interesting question. I was raised in a fundamentalist environment chock-full of “unshakable beliefs,” virtually none of which I subscribe to at this point in my life. I’ve changed my mind so many times that there isn’t a lot that I like to say I’m absolutely sure of. But I suppose there are a few things …
- Love is stronger than hate.
- Karma is for real, and there are no exceptions.
- Doing the right thing as best I know how is the key to a peaceful mind.
- Justice does prevail, though it may not be anything like immediate.
- I live in a benevolent Universe.
- I chose to be here.
- I am here to learn.
- Life is difficult, and also beautiful.
- I prefer the truth to anything else.
- Change is constant–you might as well welcome it.
- Positivity beats negativity.
- Ego is incompatible with enlightenment.
- Meditation–preferably twice a day–is essential to my living my best life.
- Healing is worth the effort.
- Kindness matters.
How would you answer this question … what are your unshakable beliefs?
This post is illustrated with my SoulCollage card The Lover, the last of the cards I made at the archetypes retreat I attended last month.
SoulCollage® cards are for personal use, and are not for sale, barter, or trade.